Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Shooting for the stars.

So I haven't had much time to blog, I've been so caught up in life. But my tuition is all paid, I'm still healthy, my parents and I are on really, freakishly good terms, and I just might get the sports therapy place I want sooner than I thought I would.

Like before I graduate...maybe.

See I work with the one little boy remember, and one of his other therapist works with llamas and is looking to expand. My co-worker and I are both looking to go work with her. It'd be more floor time and play therapy. Well the little quirk of the play that I want to get into and have been tossing the idea around is sport therapy/athletic play.

I'd be the person that we just run around, climb the tree, play tag that sort thing.

Most of all, I'd be an Archery instructor again.

It would help their hand eye coordination, their confidence, and despite archery not being a team sport, the interactions with the me in order to learn will also improve their social skills. As well as a host of other things, most of witch I probably won't think of till I see them happen.

It wouldn't be the first time I've taught a special needs kids how to shoot. This summer I worked at a BSA camp I was the archery instroctor there as well and every week about 2-4ish of my bunch would have autism, asburgers, OCD, general things, and lord knows what else. They all did just as well as the other kids and always seemed the happiest to be out on the range.

Really the looks of horror I get when I say I've given autistic kids a bow and quiver are over reacting. I'm getting trained in Floor Time some time soonish so I can work in the clinic and I can't wait.

Other than that I'm making the clinic a new google and Facebook page, and might have just become the IT support and possibly I might just become the person that wanders through, picks up and takes messages as well.

Never would have thought that my career would have taken off so soon, but I am not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment